ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE 9TH CALL FOR STSMs
The Ninth Call for STSM (Short-Term Scientific Mission)-Applications
The COST network “AQUAGAMETE” is pleased to announce the 9th call for STSM applications. We encourage all potential applicants to consider the objectives of AQUAGAMETE and to apply according to the STSM guidelines (see COST Vademecum).
The deadline for applications is June 19th, 2016.
The applications will be evaluated by the assessment panel until 30th of June 2016 and the results of evaluation will be communicated as soon as possible after this date. The missions which are approved for funding in this call have to be performed in the period from 1st of July to 15th of October 2016. Those participants whose missions end after 15th of September should send the scientific report two weeks earlier than the rest.
The following documents (in English) are required for a valid application:
- COST STSM application form submitted via following web site:
- Project proposal with details on the working plan with an indication of the WG(s) and specific objectives of the Action related with their work (see https://aquagamete.webs.upv.es/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/FA1205-MoU.pdf)
- Financial request justification (how much you expect to spend in travelling, accommodation and meals during your stay);
- A letter of motivation;
- A letter of support from the host institution;
- A short CV including a list of publications and the date of PhD defence (PhD title is not required).
Within 4 weeks after the end of the STSM (only two for the missions ending after September 15th), the grantee is required to send a 300-word scientific report to the STSM coordinator, with his/her host and email@example.com in cc-. This report should have been previously reviewed and signed by the host, and should contain a summary of the results reached during the visit.
Also, please send the following documents to the Chair’s office (firstname.lastname@example.org):
1) A copy of the grantee’s passport.
2) Complete home address of grantee.
3) A few (2 or 4) representative pictures (related to the work done, not sightseeing, please).
The report and pictures will be published at the AQUAGAMETE website.
Each publication produced with support of a STSM has to acknowledge the support of the COST Action. See acknowledgements text section down.
For more information visit the following web site: https://e-services.cost.eu/stsm
Two versions, short (for posters, i.e.) and long (for papers) are proposed:
Partially funded by……./Person A had a grant from… COST Office (Food and Agriculture COST Action FA1205: AQUAGAMETE).
Partially funded by……./Person A had a grant from… COST Office (Food and Agriculture COST Action FA1205: Assessing and improving the quality of aquatic animal gametes to enhance aquatic resources. The need to harmonize and standardize evolving methodologies, and improve transfer from academia to industry; AQUAGAMETE).
RESULTS OF THE 9TH CALL FOR STSMs
The following STSM have been funded:
1) Yaron Cohen
2) Akos Horvath
3) Jelena Lujic
8) Eszter Kása
9) Timea Kollar