The AQUAGAMETE COST Action (aquagamete.webs.upv.es/web) is pleased to announce the 2nd AQUAGAMETE Training School.
The 2nd AQUAGAMETE Training School is aimed towards young researchers (PhD students, young post-docs and MSc students) as well as representatives from industry.
The course will be focused on Molecular basis of fish gamete quality integrating different aspects and covering topics such as:
– Transcriptomic analysis of gamete quality, including practical microarray analysis of gamete quality
– Gamete quality assessment including practical cytometry analysis and embryonic outcome
– Scientific conferences on genomics & toxicogenomics, epigenetics, overview of gamete quality issues in fish and shellfish
The 2nd AQUAGAMETE Training School will highlight the most recent developments in each topic, promoting a strong interaction between experienced trainers working on different aspects of Molecular basis of fish gamete quality and trainees.
The course will take place between 23rd – 27th June 2014 at the INRA Fish Physiology and Genomics laboratory (Rennes, France, http://www6.rennes.inra.fr/lpgp_eng/ ) facilities and counts with the collaboration of IFREMER and University of Lorraine.
The number of participants will be restricted to 16 persons (priority will be given to students and early stage researchers with no experience in Genomics and with a professional project related to gamete quality). Financial support from the AQUAGAMETE COST Action (for travelling, meals, and accommodation, up to 800 euros) will be available for trainees.
Registration is available until de 11th May and both for students (free registration fee) and for industry representatives (300 euros). It includes access to all lectures and laboratorial practices, and support material.
The laboratory is located on Rennes University campus that is easily accessible by regular bus lines. A list of hotels will be provided to participants.
The application deadline is 11th May 2014 and complete applications must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com . Eligible candidates will be announced before the end of May. For more detailed information please contact Julien Bobe (Julien.Bobe@rennes.inra.fr).
Applications should include:
- Application form;
- short Curriculum Vitae in the area (only for students);
- motivation letter for participating in the training school, which should indicate the academic/professional status of the applicant;
- letter of recommendation from the applicant’s supervisor or employer
- Financial Support justification (only for students)
We would appreciate if you could forward this announcement via e-mail to colleagues or students who may be interested in participating. More information available soon at: http://aquagamete.webs.upv.es/
Catherine Labbé, Christian Fauvel, Julien Bobe